What we do
- We provide free, weekly reports, covering the most pressing issues in Illinois
- Live data on candidates' and elected officials' contributions and expenditures
- Live data on Democrat and Republican Party committees' contributions and expenditures
- Live data showing Candidates, Elected Officials, Constitutional Officers, Elected Leadership of Illinois, Contribution Timelines, Cash-On-Hand, and Spending Power
- Voting Guide: Choose a way to vote, confirm voter registration and polling place location, and links to political news outlets for more candidate info
Just six months ago a group of engaged citizens decided that voters need better access to factual information. We made a commitment to meet that need by starting an online fact-based non-partisan organization that tells the story behind the pressing issues facing Illinois. As an example, we rely on data to give us the facts about the alarming problems facing DCFS, the power of women in Springfield, the thorny details behind the progressive income tax, and a rundown of the Illinois budget woes.
There are more stories and reports – at least one a week that come directly to your inbox. People like what they are reading, and so do the popular media – we’ve been covered in major Chicago publications, radio outlets, and political blogs as well as NBC news.
We also have a very cool feature called, Campaign Cash. As you can see, this nifty tool on our website lets you explore the campaign war-chests of all of the candidates and elected officials. Sometimes the contributions and expenditures tell their own story, we also report regularly on money in politics.
Although we 're just getting started, we are growing quickly and have all of the energy and enthusiasm needed to ensure our success. We are not flush with financial resources, but we are certainly resourceful and plan to keep connecting people to politics. This is our slogan, and we live by it every day.
We hope you like what you see and will support our ongoing effort to connect people to politics with an honest fact-based approach. We are hosting our first public forum “Money in Politics” on September 10th - we hope you will join us - details will be coming soon.
Your help will allow us to cover more areas of Illinois, more neighborhoods in Chicago and more county issues.
Thank you for your consideration. Thank you for your support.
Hon. Susan Garrett, Chair & Co-Founder
Hon. John Millner, Vice-Chair & Co-Founder
Center for Illinois Politics is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, and all donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.